The Village’s electric aggregation program will resume in July with Homefield Energy of Collinsville. Click on the link below to view the announcement.
New Electric Aggregation Rates
Click the link below for answers to frequently asked questions regarding municipal electric aggregation.
Municipal Electric Aggregation FAQ
Village Clean-Up Day, this Saturday, May 13th, beginning at 8:00AM through 1:00PM in the Village Hall parking lot located at 507 W Strong Street. The event is open to all Village of Tolono Residents only.
The Village will provide dumpsters for the community to use. Staff will be onsite Saturday to assist in placing waste materials into the dumpsters. Once the dumpsters are full, the event will end so please plan accordingly.
Be prepared to show a valid State ID to verify Village of Tolono residency. If you have any questions concerning specific items, please feel free to call (217-485-5212) or stop by Village Hall.
Illini Recycling will be dropping dumpsters throughout the week, May 8-12th to prepare for Saturday’s Clean-Up Day. Any items found in the dumpsters or on the ground prior to Saturday will be considered illegal dumping and is subject to a $500 fine. Security cameras monitor all areas of the lot.
Below is a list of items that will not be accepted during the Tolono Clean-Up Day event.
- Barrels – unless rinsed and/or empty with both ends cut off
- Cars, Trucks, Mobile Homes, Buses (no vehicles)
- Corrosive Waste
- Empty tanks – gas, oil, fuel, unless rinsed and/or empty and cut in half to be accepted
- Flammable Waste
- Hazardous Waste
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Medical Waste
- Paint cans – must be empty to be accepted
- Radioactive waste
- Railroad ties
- Reactive Waste
- Septic Waste
- Sewage treatment plants solids
- Used Oils – motor, hydraulic, mineral, cutting, etc.
- White Goods – refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc.
- Yard Waste, grass clippings, limbs or leaves, firewood or logs
This Home Rehab Program is dedicated to assisting qualified low to moderate income homeowners in Tolono to make needed repairs to improve health, livability, and value of their home and neighborhood.
Please see the attached flyer for more information. If assistance is needed to apply, call Rena at Village Hall at 217-485-5212.
We want to thank everyone that participated in our survey. The information submitted is insightful and will help the Village create a stronger 5–10-year plan as we move forward creating our vision, “To be the model small town in Champaign County.”
Village Hall will be open the following dates and times for residents to get their golf carts and other similar vehicles permitted.
Saturday, April 29: 9:00AM-Noon
Thursday, May 11: 5:00-7:00PM
Saturday, May 20: 9:00AM-Noon
The vehicle must be present for inspection. Residents need to bring with them proof of insurance (paper copy or can be shown on a mobile device) and $25 payable by cash, check or charge (a convenience fee will be added to charge).
Any failure of an individual to or otherwise secure a permit when operating a golf cart and/or recreational off-highway vehicles upon the streets of the village shall subject the violator to a fine of $250.
Planning & Zoning 5-10 Year Plan Survey
Please take a few moments to answer the survey questions. The more information we receive, the better we’ll be able to create a strategic plan for the Village of Tolono for the next 5-10 years. You are a resident of the Village of Tolono and your opinion matters. It is important that we prepare for the future and become a community that stands out above all others.
Click on the link above to complete the survey.
A paper copy has been sent to all residents that may not have access to the internet so they may participate as well.
The Village of Tolono will conduct a one-day leaf collection the week of March 20th, weather permitting of the day. Leaves will be collected by our leaf vacuum truck.
- To avoid obstructing drainage and causing equipment damage, place leaves at curbside:
- not in the drainage ditches or on drainage grates,
- not on the sidewalks or edges of driveways and streets (but also not so far into yards that equipment vacuums can’t reach the leaves).
- not over water meter covers or sewer caps, and
- not over any other obstructions or items that may be sucked into the vacuum truck.
- Do not mix leaves with trash, pumpkins, limbs, brush, sticks, rocks, bricks, or the like. Leaves containing these materials may be bypassed in order to prevent equipment damage and collection delays.
- Do not wet leaves. Frozen leaves may damage vacuum equipment.
- Do not block leaf piles with vehicles.
- If you notice drainage grates clogged in your area, please call 217-485-5212 to request cleaning.
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE (HHW) COLLECTION EVENT
Saturday, April 15, 2023, from 8:00AM-3:00PM
Champaign, IL – State Farm Center – SE Quad Parking Lot
This HHW collection event is open to ALL Illinois residents. It is sponsored by the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA) and co-sponsored by Champaign County, City of Champaign, City of Urbana, and Village of Savoy.
Residents MUST pre-register for this event!
The online registration is now open at hhwevent.simplybook.me.
To register online, click on “Book Now” and you will see all available 15-minute time slots for this collection event. Select an available time slot and then enter the required information. Upon providing the requested information, you will automatically receive a confirmation email and/or text.
Event organizers warn that latex paint, also referred to as water-based paint, will not be accepted at the IEPA-sponsored Household Hazardous Waste Collection. Latex paint is not considered a hazardous waste. The Champaign-Urbana Theatre Company may accept latex paint donations if the can is at least half full. Email the firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Household quantities of latex paint can be disposed of in the garbage if paint is completely solidified. To solidify latex paint:
• Remove paint can lid to add an absorbent (such as shredded paper, sand, kitty litter, or paint hardener) or pour the paint onto newspaper.
• Allow to completely dry in a well-ventilated outdoor area away from children, pets, and ignition sources. Once dry, dispose solidified paint and can in the regular household garbage.
Please review the list below regarding items accepted and not accepted at the upcoming IEPA-Sponsored One-Day Household Hazardous Waste Collection.
Acceptable Items to bring: oil-based paints, used motor oil, paint thinner, herbicides, insecticides, pesticides, old gasoline, pool chemicals, cleaning products, mercury, acids, household batteries, paint thinner, drain cleaners, lawn chemicals, solvents, antifreeze, hobby chemicals, aerosol paints & pesticides, fluorescent light bulbs, corrosives.
NOT Accepted: Latex-based paints, car/truck batteries, agricultural chemicals, business/commercial sector wastes, explosives/ammunition, fireworks, controlled substances, propane tanks, smoke detectors, farm machinery oil, fire extinguishers, biohazard wastes. NO AGRICULTURAL, BUSINESS, COMMERCIAL OR INDUSTRIAL WASTE ACCEPTED!
If you have questions about attending the Household Hazardous Waste Collection, or would like assistance in reserving a 15-minute appointment time, please notify your local recycling coordinator:
City of Champaign, 217-403-4780; City of Urbana, 217-384-2302; Champaign County, 217-384-3708.
(click here) THIS IS ALSO A LINK FOR THE MAP