Do you still need your permit for 2022, but have a problem getting to Village Hall when we are open? If so, this is for you!
📆When: Thursday, April 21, 2022
🛺What to bring: Golf cart to be inspected, proof of insurance, $25 (cash, check or credit card)
The Spring Residential Electronics Recycling event will take place on Saturday, May 21, 2022. Online registration for the event will open on Monday, April 18, 2022.
The link to register for the event: https://ecycle.simplybook.me/v2/?msclkid=debab3d9a6d111ecb35ab3f74e6322ac
The Village Clean-Up Day will be held on Saturday, April 9th beginning at 9:00AM in the Village Hall parking lot located at 507 W Strong Street. This event is open to all Village of Tolono Residents only.
The Village will provide dumpsters for the community to use. Staff will be onsite Saturday to assist in placing waste materials into the dumpsters. Once the dumpsters are full, the event will end so please plan accordingly. Also, please bring a valid State ID in order to verify Tolono residency. Below is a list of items that will not be accepted during the Tolono Clean-Up Day event.
If you have any questions concerning specific items, please feel free to call (217-485-5212) or stop by Village Hall.
Illini Recycling will be dropping dumpsters throughout the week, April 4-8th to prepare for Saturday’s Clean-Up Day. The area will be tapped off. Any items found in the dumpsters or on the ground in the tapped off area prior to Saturday will be considered illegal dumping and is subject to a $500 fine.
- Barrels – unless rinsed and/or empty with both ends cut off
- Cars, Trucks, Mobile Homes, Buses (no vehicles)
- Corrosive Waste
- Electronic Goods
- Empty tanks – gas, oil, fuel, unless rinsed and/or empty and cut in half to be accepted
- Flammable Waste
- Hazardous Waste
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Medical Waste
- Paint cans – must be empty to be accepted
- Radioactive waste
- Railroad ties
- Reactive Waste
- Septic Waste
- Sewage treatment plants solids
- Used Oils – motor, hydraulic, mineral, cutting, etc.
- White Goods – refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc
- Yard Waste, grass clippings, limbs or leaves, fire wood or logs
The Village of Tolono will hold it’s first Golf Cart Registration Day on Saturday, April 9, 2022, at Village Hall from 9:00AM-Noon, along with Clean-Up day.
To participate, please print and complete the top portion of the Golf Cart Permit/Off-Highway application, sign and date the bottom. Do not complete the “Inspection” part of the application. A Village employee will perform a brief inspection of the cart or vehicle and complete that part of the application. We will need a copy of your current insurance card for the cart or off-highway vehicle. We may also view the insurance information on your mobile device. The cost of the permit is $25.
A copy of the Golf Cart/Off-Highway Vehicle ordinance is attached below. If you have any questions please call Village Hall at 217-485-5212.
Bruch pick up is in full force for the year. Please be aware of the Village of Tolono guidelines regarding brush pickup:
- Brush pick up days are the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month (weather permitting) March-November. We will not make special pick ups unless there is a storm causing additional yard wasted. Please plan accordingly for regular pick up days.
- Grass is NOT acceptable (not even in landscape waste bags).
- Landscape bags must have a sticker obtained from Village Hall or it will not be picked up.
- Brush pick up is not for the cleanup or removal of entire trees.
- Limbs must be less than 6″ in diameter and 8′ long.
- Dirt and rocks are NOT acceptable (not even in landscape waste bags).
- Landscape timbers, railroad ties, wood fencing and other lumber is NOT acceptable
The above guidelines are set by ordinance (2020-O-10). For more information, please see 53.30-53.99 of the Village of Tolono Code of Ordinances or call us at 217-485-5212.
The Village of Tolono wants to remind everyone that Side-By-Side off-highway devices must be registered with the Village before they can be driven on our streets as do all golf carts.
The fine for failure to secure a permit when operating a golf cart and/or recreational off-highway device on Village streets is $250.
Please read Golf Carts & Other Similar Devices
If you have any questions please call Village Hall at 217-485-5212.
Brush pickup resumes Monday, March 1, 2021. Please see the attached notice for acceptable and non-acceptable items. Paper bags of landscape waste must have stickers purchased from Village Hall. Stickers are $3 each.
Village Maintenance crew requests that landscape waste be put as close to the road as possible. The ground is very soft currently and they would like to avoid putting ruts in yards. If waste is too far off the side of the road, they may not be able to pick up.
Leaf pick up in the Village of Tolono will begin either Monday, October 26th or Tuesday, October 27th. Please be sure to get the leaves to the side of the street over the weekend. Thank you!