Canadian National is repairing railroad crossings, weather permitting, on Holden, Benham, and Walnut streets. They will also be repairing the crossing at County Rd 900N. Please plan an alternate route to avoid the areas during the dates listed below. Thank You!
Holden St: August 2-3
Benham St: August 4-5
Walnut St: August 9-10
County Rd 900N: August 11-13
Oil & chipping will begin Monday, 8/2/21 at 6:30AM and possibly go through Tuesday, 8/3/21. Weather permitting. The Village was not given information as to the order these streets will be completed. If you reside on any streets highlighted in yellow on the attached map, please move vehicles off of the side of the road and make alternate plans to get out of your driveway if necessary. Thank you!
Bruch pick up is in full force for the year. Please be aware of the Village of Tolono guidelines regarding brush pickup:
- Brush pick up days are the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month (weather permitting) March-November. We will not make special pick ups unless there is a storm causing additional yard wasted. Please plan accordingly for regular pick up days.
- Grass is NOT acceptable (not even in landscape waste bags).
- Landscape bags must have a sticker obtained from Village Hall or it will not be picked up.
- Brush pick up is not for the cleanup or removal of entire trees.
- Limbs must be less than 6″ in diameter and 8′ long.
- Dirt and rocks are NOT acceptable (not even in landscape waste bags).
- Landscape timbers, railroad ties, wood fencing and other lumber is NOT acceptable
The above guidelines are set by ordinance (2020-O-10). For more information, please see 53.30-53.99 of the Village of Tolono Code of Ordinances or call us at 217-485-5212.