Tolono Alert, powered by Smart911 and RAVE, is the official emergency notification system used by the Village of Tolono to communicate with community residents during emergencies. Sign up now to receive free alerts from the Village of Tolono via text message, email, and/or voice message.
- Add your address to receive geo-targeted alerts.
- Indicate what types of alerts you want to receive including weather, traffic, emergency, and more opt-in options.
- Indicate how you want to be notified by text, email, and/or voice message.
Sign up to receive emergency notifications here.
Already have a Smart911 account and need to update your notification preferences? Click here to log in to your existing account.
If you are a business owner or know of an organization/group that would be interested in sending alerts out to it’s own group of people, please have the person who is responsible for sending communications out email Brian.Booher@tolonoil.us to express interest in utilizing this system as well.
With Fun Day weekend quickly approaching the Village of Tolono would like to remind you of Village regulations that apply when operating golf carts and utility vehicles for the safety of you as the operator, as well as the general public. If you operate a golf cart or utility vehicle in the Village of Tolono, please read the ordinance in its entirety by clicking the link. Below are some of the highlights to remember. The following also applies to any rental units that you may obtain during the Fun Day Festival weekend.
- Crossing Route 45 is allowed ONLY at Holden Street.
- You must have a valid driver’s license to operate a golf cart or utility vehicle on the roadways.
- Your golf cart or ATV must be registered at Village Hall (Permits are valid January 1-December 31 of the current year. If your sticker does not say 2019, your permit is expired.)
- Fun Day weekend permits may also be purchased at Village Hall.
- Golf Car parade entrants without a permit will be valid Friday night for the parade with paid entry.
- You must carry insurance on the golf cart or utility vehicle.
- You must obey all traffic laws of the State of Illinois while operating the golf cart or utility vehicle.
- For the safety of Fun Day patrons there shall be no vehicles operated in the park unless authorized by the Tolono Park District.
Operators of a golf cart or utility vehicle without a current permit can be fined $250. Any other violations of the ordinance is subject to a $100 fine for each violation.
A copy of the most recent ordinance regarding golf carts can be found here: http://tolonoil.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Golf-Cart-Ordinance-2016-05-with-Exhibit-A.pdf
Ameren Illinois has announced a residential electric rate of 4.6 cents per kilowatthour for the 12-month period beginning with June meter readings. The rate is 2.8 tenths of one cent less than Tolono’s electric aggregation rate of 4.88 cents per kilowatthour, or a difference of approximately $28 annually for a typical customer using 10,000 kilowatthours a year.
The contract Tolono negotiated in December 2017 with MidAmerican Energy, the low bidder to supply electricity for the Village’s electric aggregation program, gives residents who participate in the program an opportunity to opt out at any time and at no cost. To opt out, participants can call MidAmerican toll-free at 800-342-3346. Callers will need only their account number, found at the top of their electric bill, to opt out.
Read the full press release here.
If the recycle bins are full, do not continue to try to force your items in. All doors must be able to close. Do not put items on the ground or on top of the bins. That is considered illegal dumping, and you will be fined. If bins are full, please take your items back home with you and bring them back when the bins are not full.
One bin is switched out every day Monday through Friday.
Please remember to break down cardboard as much as possible.
The recycling area is under surveillance and video playbacks are watched when there is illegal dumping.
Please be respectful of the recycling opportunity that is provided. Continued illegal dumping will result in the Village ending the recycling program.