Canadian National is repairing railroad crossings, weather permitting, on Holden, Benham, and Walnut streets. They will also be repairing the crossing at County Rd 900N. Please plan an alternate route to avoid the areas during the dates listed below. Thank You!
Holden St: August 2-3
Benham St: August 4-5
Walnut St: August 9-10
County Rd 900N: August 11-13
Oil & chipping will begin Monday, 8/2/21 at 6:30AM and possibly go through Tuesday, 8/3/21. Weather permitting. The Village was not given information as to the order these streets will be completed. If you reside on any streets highlighted in yellow on the attached map, please move vehicles off of the side of the road and make alternate plans to get out of your driveway if necessary. Thank you!
Grace Wherley and Malia Fairbanks, along with the Sadorus All-Stars 4-H club seek donations from the community to further conduct project plans to build new “Welcome to Tolono” signs. Please see the attached article for donation information.
Online registration is now open! Tolono residents are eligible to participate. You must register online in advance!
Register online to bring TVs and Electronics Items to the May 22nd Residential Electronics Collection
- Tolono residents, residents of other participating municipalities, and residents of unincorporated Champaign County are eligible to participate.
- Residents must register in advance online at https://ecycle.simplybook.me. At this website, residents will select an available 15-minute time-slot during which they plan to arrive at the REC.
- If you visit the page and no slots are available please try back the following morning, the City of Champaign uses an automated booking system that opens new windows when the available slots posted are filled.
- Once on the page scroll down to see acceptable and non-acceptable items.
The Village of Tolono wants to remind everyone that Side-By-Side off-highway devices must be registered with the Village before they can be driven on our streets as do all golf carts.
The fine for failure to secure a permit when operating a golf cart and/or recreational off-highway device on Village streets is $250.
Please read Golf Carts & Other Similar Devices
If you have any questions please call Village Hall at 217-485-5212.
The Village maintenance crew will be burning at the landscape waste facility beginning Monday, March 29, and will continue throughout the week, weather permitting. Please use caution when driving through the area. This facility is located at the East end of E Main St as you are leaving town.
The Village of Tolono will conduct leaf collection on April 6th and 7th, and again on April 13th and 14th, weather permitting. Leaves will be collected by our leaf vacuum truck.
- To avoid obstructing drainage and causing equipment damage, place leaves at curbside:
- not in the drainage ditches or on drainage grates,
- not on the sidewalks or edges of driveways and streets (but also not so far into yards that equipment vacuums can’t reach the leaves).
- not over water meter covers or sewer caps, and
- not over any other obstructions or items that may be sucked into the vacuum truck.
- Do not mix leaves with trash, pumpkins, limbs, brush, sticks, rocks, bricks, or the like. Leaves containing these materials may be bypassed in order to prevent equipment damage and collection delays.
- Do not wet leaves. Frozen leaves may damage vacuum equipment.
- Do not block leaf piles with vehicles.
- If you notice drainage grates clogged in your area, please call 217-485-5212 to request cleaning.
You may now purchase your 2021 golf cart (or other similar vehicle) permit/sticker at the Village Hall. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM. We are open through the lunch hour.
Please be advised that golf carts and other similar vehicles must be inspected at the Village Hall and proof of insurance provided at the time permit/sticker is issued. No appointment is necessary.
The cost of the golf cart (or other similar vehicle) permit is $25.
You may print the Golf Cart Permit application and complete the top portion only and bring to the office.