Canadian National is repairing railroad crossings, weather permitting, on Holden, Benham, and Walnut streets. They will also be repairing the crossing at County Rd 900N. Please plan an alternate route to avoid the areas during the dates listed below. Thank You!
Holden St: August 2-3
Benham St: August 4-5
Walnut St: August 9-10
County Rd 900N: August 11-13
Oil & chipping will begin Monday, 8/2/21 at 6:30AM and possibly go through Tuesday, 8/3/21. Weather permitting. The Village was not given information as to the order these streets will be completed. If you reside on any streets highlighted in yellow on the attached map, please move vehicles off of the side of the road and make alternate plans to get out of your driveway if necessary. Thank you!
Bruch pick up is in full force for the year. Please be aware of the Village of Tolono guidelines regarding brush pickup:
- Brush pick up days are the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month (weather permitting) March-November. We will not make special pick ups unless there is a storm causing additional yard wasted. Please plan accordingly for regular pick up days.
- Grass is NOT acceptable (not even in landscape waste bags).
- Landscape bags must have a sticker obtained from Village Hall or it will not be picked up.
- Brush pick up is not for the cleanup or removal of entire trees.
- Limbs must be less than 6″ in diameter and 8′ long.
- Dirt and rocks are NOT acceptable (not even in landscape waste bags).
- Landscape timbers, railroad ties, wood fencing and other lumber is NOT acceptable
The above guidelines are set by ordinance (2020-O-10). For more information, please see 53.30-53.99 of the Village of Tolono Code of Ordinances or call us at 217-485-5212.
Grace Wherley and Malia Fairbanks, along with the Sadorus All-Stars 4-H club seek donations from the community to further conduct project plans to build new “Welcome to Tolono” signs. Please see the attached article for donation information.
The Village of Tolono wants to remind everyone that Side-By-Side off-highway devices must be registered with the Village before they can be driven on our streets as do all golf carts.
The fine for failure to secure a permit when operating a golf cart and/or recreational off-highway device on Village streets is $250.
Please read Golf Carts & Other Similar Devices
If you have any questions please call Village Hall at 217-485-5212.
The Village maintenance crew will be burning at the landscape waste facility beginning Monday, March 29, and will continue throughout the week, weather permitting. Please use caution when driving through the area. This facility is located at the East end of E Main St as you are leaving town.
The Village of Tolono will conduct leaf collection on April 6th and 7th, and again on April 13th and 14th, weather permitting. Leaves will be collected by our leaf vacuum truck.
- To avoid obstructing drainage and causing equipment damage, place leaves at curbside:
- not in the drainage ditches or on drainage grates,
- not on the sidewalks or edges of driveways and streets (but also not so far into yards that equipment vacuums can’t reach the leaves).
- not over water meter covers or sewer caps, and
- not over any other obstructions or items that may be sucked into the vacuum truck.
- Do not mix leaves with trash, pumpkins, limbs, brush, sticks, rocks, bricks, or the like. Leaves containing these materials may be bypassed in order to prevent equipment damage and collection delays.
- Do not wet leaves. Frozen leaves may damage vacuum equipment.
- Do not block leaf piles with vehicles.
- If you notice drainage grates clogged in your area, please call 217-485-5212 to request cleaning.
You may now purchase your 2021 golf cart (or other similar vehicle) permit/sticker at the Village Hall. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM. We are open through the lunch hour.
Please be advised that golf carts and other similar vehicles must be inspected at the Village Hall and proof of insurance provided at the time permit/sticker is issued. No appointment is necessary.
The cost of the golf cart (or other similar vehicle) permit is $25.
You may print the Golf Cart Permit application and complete the top portion only and bring to the office.