The Village Clean-Up Day will be held on Saturday, May 13th, beginning at 8:00AM in the Village Hall parking lot located at 507 W Strong Street. This event is open to all Village of Tolono Residents only.
The Village will provide dumpsters for the community to use. Staff will be onsite Saturday to assist in placing waste materials into the dumpsters. Once the dumpsters are full, the event will end so please plan accordingly.
Be prepared to show a valid State ID to verify Village of Tolono residency. If you have any questions concerning specific items, please feel free to call (217-485-5212) or stop by Village Hall.
Illini Recycling will be dropping dumpsters throughout the week, May 8-12th to prepare for Saturday’s Clean-Up Day. Any items found in the dumpsters or on the ground prior to Saturday will be considered illegal dumping and is subject to a $500 fine. Security cameras monitor all areas of the lot.
- Barrels – unless rinsed and/or empty with both ends cut off
- Cars, Trucks, Mobile Homes, Buses (no vehicles)
- Corrosive Waste
- Electronic Goods
- Empty tanks – gas, oil, fuel, unless rinsed and/or empty and cut in half to be accepted
- Flammable Waste
- Hazardous Waste
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Medical Waste
- Paint cans – must be empty to be accepted
- Radioactive waste
- Railroad ties
- Reactive Waste
- Septic Waste
- Sewage treatment plants solids
- Used Oils – motor, hydraulic, mineral, cutting, etc.
- White Goods – refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc
- Yard Waste, grass clippings, limbs or leaves, fire wood or logs
Below is a list of items that will not be accepted during the Tolono Clean-Up Day event.