With Fun Day weekend quickly approaching the Village of Tolono would like to remind you of Village regulations that apply when operating golf carts and utility vehicles for the safety of you as the operator, as well as the general public. If you operate a golf cart or utility vehicle in the Village of Tolono, please read the ordinance in its entirety by clicking the link. Below are some of the highlights to remember. The following also applies to any rental units that you may obtain during the Fun Day Festival weekend.
- Crossing Route 45 is allowed ONLY at Holden Street.
- You must have a valid driver’s license to operate a golf cart or utility vehicle on the roadways.
- Your golf cart or ATV must be registered at Village Hall (Permits are valid January 1-December 31 of the current year. If your sticker does not say 2019, your permit is expired.)
- Fun Day weekend permits may also be purchased at Village Hall.
- Golf Car parade entrants without a permit will be valid Friday night for the parade with paid entry.
- You must carry insurance on the golf cart or utility vehicle.
- You must obey all traffic laws of the State of Illinois while operating the golf cart or utility vehicle.
- For the safety of Fun Day patrons there shall be no vehicles operated in the park unless authorized by the Tolono Park District.
Operators of a golf cart or utility vehicle without a current permit can be fined $250. Any other violations of the ordinance is subject to a $100 fine for each violation.
A copy of the most recent ordinance regarding golf carts can be found here: http://tolonoil.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Golf-Cart-Ordinance-2016-05-with-Exhibit-A.pdf