The village clean up day will be held on Saturday Sept 23rd beginning at 9:00 AM in the village hall parking lot located at 507 W Strong St. Open to all Village of Tolono Residents.
The village will provide roll off dumpsters for the community to use. Staff will be onsite on Saturday to assist in placing waste materials into the dumpsters. Once the dumpsters are full, the event will end so please plan accordingly. Also please bring a valid State ID in order to verify Tolono Residency. Below is a list of Items that will not be accepted during the Tolono clean up day event. If you have any questions concerning specific items, please feel free to call (217-485-5212) or stop by the village office.
If the dumpsters are full, please do not place items on the ground next to the dumpsters. This will be considered illegal dumping and is subject to a $500 fine.
- Barrels – unless rinsed and/or empty with both ends cut off
- Cars, Trucks, Mobile Homes, Buses (no vehicles)
- Corrosive Waste
- Electronic Goods
- Empty tanks – gas, oil, fuel, unless rinsed and/or empty and cut in half to be accepted
- Flammable Waste
- Hazardous Waste
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Medical Waste
- Paint cans – must be empty to be accepted
- Radioactive waste
- Railroad ties
- Reactive Waste
- Septic Waste
- Sewage treatment plants solids
- Used Oils – motor, hydraulic, mineral, cutting, etc.
- White Goods – refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc
- Yard Waste, grass clippings, limbs or leaves, fire wood or logs