With Fun Day weekend quickly approaching the Village of Tolono would like to remind you of Village regulations that apply when operating golf carts and utility vehicles for the safety of you as the operator, as well as the general public. If you operate a golf cart or utility vehicle in the Village of Tolono, please read the ordinance in its entirety by clicking the link. Below are some of the highlights to remember. The following also applies to any rental units that you may obtain during the Fun Day Festival weekend.
- Crossing Route 45 is allowed ONLY at Holden Street.
- You must have a valid driver’s license to operate a golf cart or utility vehicle on the roadways.
- Your golf cart or ATV must be registered at Village Hall (Permits are valid January 1-December 31 of the current year. If your sticker does not say 2019, your permit is expired.)
- Fun Day weekend permits may also be purchased at Village Hall.
- Golf Car parade entrants without a permit will be valid Friday night for the parade with paid entry.
- You must carry insurance on the golf cart or utility vehicle.
- You must obey all traffic laws of the State of Illinois while operating the golf cart or utility vehicle.
- For the safety of Fun Day patrons there shall be no vehicles operated in the park unless authorized by the Tolono Park District.
Operators of a golf cart or utility vehicle without a current permit can be fined $250. Any other violations of the ordinance is subject to a $100 fine for each violation.
A copy of the most recent ordinance regarding golf carts can be found here: http://tolonoil.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Golf-Cart-Ordinance-2016-05-with-Exhibit-A.pdf
Ameren Illinois has announced a residential electric rate of 4.6 cents per kilowatthour for the 12-month period beginning with June meter readings. The rate is 2.8 tenths of one cent less than Tolono’s electric aggregation rate of 4.88 cents per kilowatthour, or a difference of approximately $28 annually for a typical customer using 10,000 kilowatthours a year.
The contract Tolono negotiated in December 2017 with MidAmerican Energy, the low bidder to supply electricity for the Village’s electric aggregation program, gives residents who participate in the program an opportunity to opt out at any time and at no cost. To opt out, participants can call MidAmerican toll-free at 800-342-3346. Callers will need only their account number, found at the top of their electric bill, to opt out.
Read the full press release here.
Register online to bring TVs and Electronics Items to the May 18 Residential Electronics Collection
- Two Residential Electronics Collection (REC) events will take place at Parkland College this year, on May 18, 2019 and October 12, 2019.
- Tolono residents, residents of other participating municipalities, and residents of unincorporated Champaign County are eligible to participate.
- Residents must register in advance online at http://ecycle.simplybook.me. At this website, residents will select an available 15-minute time-slot during which they plan to arrive at the REC.
- Online registration for the upcoming May 18 REC is currently open!
There is a boil order in effect currently for the residents with water lines connecting to the areas highlighted in red. The boil order is in effect until further notice and is due to a water main repair. Village Maintenance expects to have water test results back tomorrow at which time the boil order can be lifted assuming the test pass.
The Village Maintenance Department would like to remind residents to be mindful of where you are planting trees. Ameren has been working for several weeks in Tolono to remove some trees that could cause damage to power lines or property. The Village would like for homeowners to review information from the following website before planting trees especially under power lines.