Fall electronics recycling will be coming up soon, and residents of Tolono are eligible to participate again, but you must register online in advance!
Register online to bring TVs and Electronics Items to the October 12th Residential Electronics Collection
- This is the second of two Residential Electronics Collection (REC) events taking place at Parkland College this year, the first was May 18, 2019 and this one is October 12, 2019.
- Tolono residents, residents of other participating municipalities, and residents of unincorporated Champaign County are eligible to participate.
- Residents must register in advance online at https://ecycle.simplybook.me. At this website, residents will select an available 15-minute time-slot during which they plan to arrive at the REC.
- If you visit the page and no slots are available please try back the following morning, the City uses a automated booking system that opens new windows when the available slots posted are filled.
- Online registration for the upcoming October 12th REC is currently open!
**Update 9-14-19: Test results came back clean and the boil order has been lifted.
Update 9-12-19: Test results came back today as failed. Residents impacted still remain under a boil order. The next round of test results are expected in two days. When those next round of results come in another update will be posted here and then we’ll send another update out through the Tolono Alert system.
Tolono Alert: Some residents on the South East side of Tolono are currently under a boil order. Residents inside the boil order area should have received a door tag and residents who are also signed up for the Tolono Alert system should have received a text, email, and phone call alert depending on what you signed up to receive. Currently the boil order is expected to be lifted tomorrow 9-11-19 as long as test results come back clean.
The Village Maintenance department has started replacing water meters this week and will continue replacing meters until all have been replaced. The new meters will provide a more accurate read and enable the village to have advanced notification of leaks.
Tolono Alert, powered by Smart911 and RAVE, is the official emergency notification system used by the Village of Tolono to communicate with community residents during emergencies. Sign up now to receive free alerts from the Village of Tolono via text message, email, and/or voice message.
- Add your address to receive geo-targeted alerts.
- Indicate what types of alerts you want to receive including weather, traffic, emergency, and more opt-in options.
- Indicate how you want to be notified by text, email, and/or voice message.
Sign up to receive emergency notifications here.
Already have a Smart911 account and need to update your notification preferences? Click here to log in to your existing account.
If you are a business owner or know of an organization/group that would be interested in sending alerts out to it’s own group of people, please have the person who is responsible for sending communications out email Brian.Booher@tolonoil.us to express interest in utilizing this system as well.
Brush pick-up for Monday July 15th has been rescheduled for Wednesday July 17th.
Bourne Street between Holden and Reynolds in front of the Fire Station will be closed from 5:45pm to roughly 8:30pm tonight while TFPD members are doing hose testing.
With Fun Day weekend quickly approaching the Village of Tolono would like to remind you of Village regulations that apply when operating golf carts and utility vehicles for the safety of you as the operator, as well as the general public. If you operate a golf cart or utility vehicle in the Village of Tolono, please read the ordinance in its entirety by clicking the link. Below are some of the highlights to remember. The following also applies to any rental units that you may obtain during the Fun Day Festival weekend.
- Crossing Route 45 is allowed ONLY at Holden Street.
- You must have a valid driver’s license to operate a golf cart or utility vehicle on the roadways.
- Your golf cart or ATV must be registered at Village Hall (Permits are valid January 1-December 31 of the current year. If your sticker does not say 2019, your permit is expired.)
- Fun Day weekend permits may also be purchased at Village Hall.
- Golf Car parade entrants without a permit will be valid Friday night for the parade with paid entry.
- You must carry insurance on the golf cart or utility vehicle.
- You must obey all traffic laws of the State of Illinois while operating the golf cart or utility vehicle.
- For the safety of Fun Day patrons there shall be no vehicles operated in the park unless authorized by the Tolono Park District.
Operators of a golf cart or utility vehicle without a current permit can be fined $250. Any other violations of the ordinance is subject to a $100 fine for each violation.
A copy of the most recent ordinance regarding golf carts can be found here: http://tolonoil.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Golf-Cart-Ordinance-2016-05-with-Exhibit-A.pdf